Upper Yellowstone Watershed BasinWe care passionately about the agricultural land that makes up the gorgeous Upper Yellowstone River Basin
The Upper Yellowstone Watershed Basin is a collection of people who appreciate, or support, or participate in Agricultural endeavors on any scale. We believe that Agricultural involvement, as it is lived out by diverse individuals and operations, can and must be enhanced, preserved, and valued now and for posterity. We propose to safeguard our Agriculture environment by protecting, improving, developing, harvesting, and efficiently using land, water, timber, and rangeland.
The mission of the Upper Yellowstone Watershed Basin is based on the following four interwoven commitments:
- Our desire is to support and foster conservation and harvest practices with sustainable and beneficial use of Agricultural resources. We want to educate the public to the positive financial effect of Agriculture on Montana’s economy while spot lighting the priceless appeal and aesthetics of open spaces.
- We seek to become better stewards of the land and water, through education and improved Agricultural practices. We desire to preserve or improve water quality, stream banks, and fish habitat while efficiently using streams and underground water and develop new water sources. Timber resources for harvest and aesthetic value partnered with healthy, productive range grasslands will be promoted.
- We pursue the most effective methods available to control the spread of noxious weeds in a manner that is consistent with improving land and water. We support and promote weed education programs and the enforcement of county weed management and laws.
- We promote sound wildlife management that will ensure reasonable numbers of game birds, game animals, and native species that are in balance with the habitat and lands that support these animals. We are committed to the support of alternative wildlife livelihoods.
The purpose of the Watershed is:
- to educate landowners and the public on issues facing Agriculture.
- to inventory and document changes in the resource base.
- to develop solutions to problems, which will protect agriculture while positively improving natural resources within the area.
- to work with Federal, State, and County agencies to coordinate Watershed improvement activities in a feasible and economical manner.
- to work with agencies to help secure funding to improve the natural resources in the Watershed area.
The Upper Yellowstone Watershed Basin holds meetings every few months to discuss pertinent watershed issues. Refer to the events calendar for upcoming meeting dates and locations.
See the 2014 regular board meeting agendas and minutes below. For access to agendas and minutes from 2013 and before, please contact our office.
- March 6th, 2014
- June 5th, 2014
- September 4th, 2014
- November 6th, 2014
- March 5th, 2017
- June 4th, 2015
- September 3rd, 2015
- March 3rd, 2016
- May 5th, 2016
- September 8th, 2016
- February 2nd, 2017
- March 9th, 2017
- October 12th, 2017